Seattle is a great destination that can be visited throughout the year. The colder months are perfect for winter sports fans and for those who want to experience the Seattle Christmas weather.
Remember that the Seattle Restaurant Week event takes place in April, and endless summer music festivals are organized during the summer, including Bumbershoot. In June, in addition, the Washington Brewers Festival is celebrated, which revolves around local beers.
The Seattle-Tacoma International Airport is located about 17 miles from the city center. The best way to get there is to take the Sound Transit Link Light Rail service, which takes you to Westlake station in 40 minutes, and your ticket costs $ 3.25. The taxi ride amounts to about $ 50.
Seattle’s main train station is King Street Station and is located in the Pioneer Square district. Amtrak offers three services to King Street. The Cascades service begins in Vancouver and reaches Eugene, the Empire Builder arrives from Chicago, and the Coast Starlight service connects Seattle with Los Angeles and San Francisco. Trains ride Vancouver – Seattle costs between $ 35 and $ 60.
Seattle is located on Interstate 5, which runs along the entire western coast of the United States. Also, Interstate 90 reaches the city and crosses the country from Chicago.
Several bus companies communicate Seattle with most cities in the United States. Greyhound, for example, operates lines that connect the city with Portland, and from there, it is possible to reach multiple destinations in the country. A bus trip from Vancouver to Seattle costs between $ 18 and $ 30.
Airports Near Seattle
- SEA Seattle-Tacoma
- BFI Seattle King County / Boeing
- LKE Seattle Lake Union Spb
- Seattle Airlines
- United Airlines
- Turkish Airlines
- British Airways
- American Airlines
- air France
Where To Stay In Seattle
Seattle offers a wide variety of accommodation alternatives. The Sorrento Hotel offers sumptuous vintage-style environments, and their rates are around $ 250 a night, while in the central Four Seasons Hotel Seattle, 5-star, it is possible to stay for about $ 450 per night. The City Hostel Seattle, on the other hand, is a good economical option, and its rates start at $ 33 to spend the night in a shared room.
Popular Neighborhoods In Seattle
- Fremont and Wallingford. These districts offer an authentic and bohemian experience in Seattle. Its streets are full of juice bars, coffee shops like Lighthouse Roasters, music venues and record stores, such as Jive Time Records. In this area is the Woodland Park Zoo.
- Pioneer Square. In this neighborhood, most of the city’s cultural institutions and the main train station are located. From here it is possible to make fascinating underground tours and attend shows at the Comedy Underground, at large pubs such as the Flatstick and the Klondike Gold Rush Museum.
- West Seattle. The captivating atmosphere of this neighborhood, somewhat away from the center, integrates the aroma of several French gourmet bakeries, such as Bakery Nouveau. Here there are also music stores, such as Easy Street Records, and Alki Beach is also located.